What’s New in Dynamics 365 Business Central 2022 Wave 1: Our Top Features List
Benefits of Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a comprehensive, all-in-one solution designed to run your entire organization. Business Central streamlines sales, service operations, financials, and more. A growing number of businesses are making the move to the cloud and seeing the many benefits it provides; solutions like Business Central have improved customer and vendor relationships, optimized operations, and enabled organizations to gain real-time insights utilizing the built-in BI, analytics, and dashboards.
Here are just a few further benefits Dynamics 365 Business Central can provide:
- Increased financial visibility
- Optimized supply chain
- Improved sales and service
- Significant cost and time-savings
What’s New in Business Central Wave 1 2022
We are excited to share information about what’s coming in the Business Central Wave 1 2022 release. The new features are going to be available from April 2022 onwards. The release encompasses a range of features across Dynamics 365 Business Central, including key product enhancements.
In the 2022 Wave 1 release, Business Central delivers a set of features that are designed to simplify and improve the way partners administer tenants, and the way administrators manage licensing and permissions. This includes:
- New Granular Delegated Admin Privileges (GDAP) is a security feature of the Microsoft Partner Center that provides partners with restricted, granular, and time-bound access to their customers’ workloads in production and sandbox environments. This restricted access must be explicitly granted to partners by their customers. Business Central customers are no longer required to grant Global Admin privileges to partners in their Azure Active Directory.
The finance and supply chain capabilities in Business Central are improved with several optimizations and enhancements of capabilities so that users can execute business processes more productively. There are numerous application enhancements, but some of our favorites include:
- Enhanced Financial Reporting capabilities with Account Schedules: Account schedules are used to generate financial reports within Business Central. With the new 2022 release wave 1, there will be enhanced generation and presentation of these financial reports, including improvements in the ability for users to display their reports in the desired layout.
- The ability to use Excel to design report layouts: Business Central users will now have the ability to use Excel functionality including diagrams, charts, pivot tables, and sliders to create and modify report layouts, which can then be saved in Business Central
- The ability to validate documents and journals while you work: When this feature is enabled in Business Central, visual indicators will notify users while they work of any potential issues, thereby reducing the risk of errors. This feature will validate the data entered into documents and journals to prevent posting issues even before they arise, which will not only save time but also help improve productivity.
- The Ability to add email attachments from Outlook to Business Central: This Outlook add-on will allow you to download attachments received by email to Business Central. This includes invoices, excel spreadsheets, and other documents that can be added to Business Central records without having to leave Outlook, helping to ensure that you never lose track of documents.
In the 2022 Wave 1 release, Microsoft has improved the efficiency of collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams, and the Excel and Outlook add-ins.
Onboarding: In 2022 release wave 1, customers can get to productive usage faster using the new modern Help pane.
- Guided Tour helps users find Settings and Personalization tools: Personalization is a powerful capability in Business Central. This new feature shows users the options for personalization in a tour of the Role Center. Accordingly, the user is more likely to discover this capability early on so they can get productive with Business Central as fast as possible.
Power Platform: Business Central improves the Power Automate capabilities, making it much easier to set up workflows for the specific needs of an organization.
Please watch for CRGroup’s video walk-through of Business Central 2022 Wave 1 to learn more about the upcoming release. Please contact us with any questions or if you require assistance with the new release.
For a complete list of all Dynamics 365 Business Central enhancements available to users in the 2022 Wave 1, please see the Microsoft Overview.
- Accounting / Finance (33)
- Atlassian (2)
- Budgeting & Costing (20)
- Business Applications (19)
- Business Intelligence (25)
- Cloud (8)
- Collaboration & Sharing (13)
- Company News (22)
- Corporate Performance Management (21)
- Dynamics 365 Business Central (19)
- Dynamics CRM (13)
- Dynamics GP (42)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (10)
- Events (8)
- GP Add-Ons (1)
- Leadership/Business Management (8)
- SharePoint (18)
- Talent Management (9)