Coming Soon to the Power Platform & Dynamics 365: 2022 Release Wave 1
Accelerate Your Digital Transformation
Events revolving around the pandemic have accelerated digital transformation across businesses, organizations continue to rapidly digitize their workflows and increase their digital customer touchpoints. Digital transformation has fundamentally changed how organizations operate and deliver value to their customers. Microsoft continues to invest in its powerful solutions, offering hundreds of new features and enhancements each year.
We are delighted to share that Microsoft has some rather notable features and enhancements coming to the Power Platform and Dynamics 365, so we decided to outline our most anticipated for you here.
Note: This article outlines select Wave 1 enhancements and new features planned for release from April 2022 through to September 2022. For a complete list of new capabilities, please check out the Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform 2022 Release Wave 1 plans.
As well, check out our favorite places to scan for upcoming features in Dynamics 365:
Highlights from Dynamics 365:
Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service continues to invest in delivering capabilities that ensure personalized service across channels, empower agents, and make collaboration easier in an ever-increasing remote world.
- With the new Customer Service Admin center app, Microsoft is simplifying the setup with guided, task-based experiences making it easier to get up and running quickly. Enhancements to the inbox view allow agents to rapidly work through issues across channels while maintaining a focus on the customer.
- Investments in collaboration with Microsoft Teams include data integration, AI-suggested contacts, and AI-generated conversation summaries.
- Investments in knowledge management include relevance search integration and historical analytics, and unified routing with default queue enhancements and routine diagnostics.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources will equip HR professionals with the ability to tailor experiences and automatically complete processes when employees are joining, leaving, and moving within an organization.
- Enhanced intelligent talent management capabilities to enable companies to understand the gap between the skills needed for the organization and employees to be successful, and the skillset held by the organization’s current workforce.
Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Business Central continues to simplify the customer onboarding experience by offering a modern Help Pane that gives users guidance and learning content where they need it most, in the context of their work. The Help Pane flattens the learning curve, increasing productivity, and business process adoption.
- Customers using Microsoft Power Platform can use the new capabilities of its connectors. In this release, Microsoft is making it easier to trigger a Power Automate flow directly from Business Central pages, which can save time by automating business processes.
- Collaborating on Business Central data in Microsoft Teams will be smoother due to the removal of licensing friction.
Highlights from the Power Platform:
- Power BI continues to invest in empowering every individual, team, and organization to drive a data culture.
- Individual users will see an improved experience through the addition of natural language measures and allowing users to collaborate via OneDrive.
- Teams will see enhancements to Goals focused on enterprise needs, integration with PowerPoint, and adding new capabilities to the Power BI integration in Teams.
- To empower the organization, Microsoft is improving its experience with big data through automatic aggregations, data protection capabilities via data loss prevention (DLP) policies, and providing improved visibility into user activity to admins.
- Power Apps maintains focus on enabling developers of all skill levels to build enterprise-class apps infused with intelligence and collaboration capabilities.
- Makers will be able to collaborate on the same app to simultaneously work and merge changes to accelerate development and track collaboration.
- Makers and developers of all skill levels will be more productive with Dataverse, leveraging intelligence to assist developers with natural language to code, powered by advanced AI models such as GPT-3 and PROSE. Most importantly, Microsoft is including key updates to ensure organizations can deliver flagship apps across the entire company faster and safer than ever. These include allowing packaging of apps to be deployed on Android and iOS and improvements to ALM and governance capabilities to ensure safe and scalable rollouts.
Power App Portals
- Power Apps Portals continue to invest in bringing more out-of-the-box capabilities to support both low-code/no-code development as well for professional developers.
- Some of the salient capabilities for makers include converting portals into cross-platform mobile applications by enabling them as progressive web apps, an option to use Global search powered via Dataverse search integration, and enhancements for professional developers to do more with portals using Microsoft Power Platform PAC CLI tool.
- Power Automate is more accessible than ever, which makes it easier to get started automating tasks no matter where you are in Microsoft 365.
- Customers of all sizes can increase the scale of their robotic process automation (RPA) deployments; Microsoft is adding features to make it easier to manage machines in Azure and the credentials of users and accounts, to which all features are increasingly automatable by default, adhering to the API-first approach, this will offer greater flexibility regarding how IT manages their Power Automate infrastructure.
Success Across Your Entire Organization
Successful organizations equip their people with the right technology to do more! At CRGroup, a Quisitive Company, we are dedicated to helping organizations leverage the best in technology solutions to align their teams, empower people, and exceed organizational objectives.
- Accounting / Finance (33)
- Atlassian (2)
- Budgeting & Costing (20)
- Business Applications (16)
- Business Intelligence (25)
- Cloud (8)
- Collaboration & Sharing (13)
- Company News (22)
- Corporate Performance Management (21)
- Dynamics 365 Business Central (17)
- Dynamics CRM (13)
- Dynamics GP (41)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (10)
- Events (8)
- GP Add-Ons (1)
- Leadership/Business Management (8)
- SharePoint (18)
- Talent Management (9)