CRGroup Tips & Tricks: Copying Journal Entries in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Did you know that Microsoft Dynamics GP2010 & GP2013 allow you to copy a previous journal entry with a new journal entry number?
It’s true! And after you copy the complete entry, you can then change the Dr. or Cr. Amounts and/or add or remove a new GL Code to your new entry.
So, if have any recurring entries and you enter them manually, save some time and start using the ‘Copy’ functionality instead!
Please note: Previous entries can be copied in the GL module only.
Follow these steps to quickly and easily copy your journal entry:
- Open your Transaction Entry window (Transactions > Financial > General).
- Click the ‘Copy’ Button in the top menu.
- In the Copy Journal Entry window, select the year from drop-down (i.e., the year of the entry you want to copy).
- Select the ‘Original Journal Entry number’ you want to copy.
- If you are using Analytical Accounting and want to copy Analytical Accounting information, select the ‘Copy Analytical Accounting Information’ option.
- Click ‘OK’.
Hurray!!!!!! You got the same entry with the new Entry # and date; No need to do data entry anymore!
Stay tuned for the next tip……
MBA(MIS), MCS, MCTS, MCBMSS, MCBMSP
Senior Business Solutions Consultant
Corporate Renaissance Group
You might also like to check out:
- Accounting / Finance (28)
- Atlassian (2)
- Budgeting & Costing (18)
- Business Intelligence (20)
- Cloud (4)
- Collaboration & Sharing (6)
- Company News (20)
- Corporate Performance Management (19)
- Dynamics 365 Business Central (3)
- Dynamics CRM (11)
- Dynamics GP (37)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (7)
- Events (8)
- GP Add-Ons (1)
- Leadership/Business Management (8)
- SharePoint (12)
- Talent Management (7)