CRGroup Tips & Tricks: Copying Journal Entries in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Did you know that Microsoft Dynamics GP2010 & GP2013 allow you to copy a previous journal entry with a new journal entry number?
It’s true! And after you copy the complete entry, you can then change the Dr. or Cr. Amounts and/or add or remove a new GL Code to your new entry.
So, if have any recurring entries and you enter them manually, save some time and start using the ‘Copy’ functionality instead!
Please note: Previous entries can be copied in the GL module only.
Follow these steps to quickly and easily copy your journal entry:
- Open your Transaction Entry window (Transactions > Financial > General).
- Click the ‘Copy’ Button in the top menu.
- In the Copy Journal Entry window, select the year from drop-down (i.e., the year of the entry you want to copy).
- Select the ‘Original Journal Entry number’ you want to copy.
- If you are using Analytical Accounting and want to copy Analytical Accounting information, select the ‘Copy Analytical Accounting Information’ option.
- Click ‘OK’.
Hurray!!!!!! You got the same entry with the new Entry # and date; No need to do data entry anymore!
Stay tuned for the next tip……
MBA(MIS), MCS, MCTS, MCBMSS, MCBMSP
Senior Business Solutions Consultant
Corporate Renaissance Group
- Accounting / Finance (27)
- Atlassian (2)
- Budgeting & Costing (17)
- Business Intelligence (20)
- Cloud (4)
- Collaboration & Sharing (6)
- Company News (20)
- Corporate Performance Management (19)
- Dynamics 365 Business Central (3)
- Dynamics CRM (11)
- Dynamics GP (37)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (7)
- Events (8)
- GP Add-Ons (1)
- Leadership/Business Management (8)
- SharePoint (12)
- Talent Management (7)