The Scary Truth about ERP Implementation.
While there are endless benefits to upgrading your organization’s ERP system, it is important to note that poorly-managed ERP projects can be fraught with peril.
Brace yourself for some frightening facts that may make you think twice about your next ERP upgrade.
FIVE FRIGHTENING FACTS ABOUT ERP IMPLEMENTATION:
- Like a vampire’s lifespan, ERP implementations tend to go on forever – or at least a verrrry lonnnng time. The average total implementation time is 18.4 months.
- Enter into an ERP upgrade if you dare, but beware! Most enterprise software implementations under-deliver business benefits. Only 59% realize at least half of the expected benefits.
- Trick… or treat? If companies do not effectively manage the organizational changes of ERP, the result might terrify you. Most implementing organizations are grappling with significant organizational changes in parallel with ERP initiatives, but have a poor ability to manage this change.
- There are ERP zombies on the prowl, and it could cost you an arm and a leg. One out of every 10 software dollars is spent on ERP.
- Don’t wait until your legacy ERP gives up the ghost. Hersey’s failed to deliver $100 million dollars in candy for Halloween 1999 after a troubled ERP implementation caused serious operational problems.
*1-3 Panorama Consulting Solutions, 2010 ERP Report
*4 DataMonitor: The Size of the Worldwide Software Industry in 2008
*5 CIO Magazine, 15 Nov. 2002, p22
ERP Implementation doesn’t have to be Scary!
While those numbers can be very, very scary, organizations can avoid the risks by working with an experienced and reliable ERP implementation firm.
Problem: Legacy ERP system couldn’t keep up with rapid growth and expansion. Enterprise struggled to analyze financial data and streamline business processes.
Solution: New modern ERP system provided robust business intelligence, plus ability to share information across the enterprise.
Results: Manufacturing tasks streamlined; accuracy improved; faster decision-making capability. Thales Canada Defense & Security is now able to manage its data across all of its companies to maximize efficiencies and total profitability.
Partner with Corporate Renaissance Group
Since 1989, Corporate Renaissance Group (CRGroup) has been helping finance professionals streamline and automate their approach to ERP. Our practical software solutions and expert team can help get you set up with world-class software and proven processes, at a fair price. As a full-service management consulting firm, we partner with our clients to deliver solutions that address the most complex needs. Utilizing decades of industry experience and functional expertise with both cloud and on-premise ERP solutions, Corporate Renaissance Group goes far beyond the basics to bring new insights, drive results, and help grow your business.